Below is a list of frequently asked questions that Mahmoud & Associates receives. If the answer to your question is not below, you can contact us here for more help.
- Why do I need a CPA? How can a CPA help me?
- What should I look for in a CPA?
- Why is Mahmoud & Associates the right CPA firm for me?
Why do I need a CPA?
- Establishing an Accounting System
- Bookkeeping Maintenance
- Preparing Financial Statements
A CPA is the most qualified professional to assist with tax planning and preparing tax returns for:
- Not-for-profit Organizations
- Trust and Estate Returns
A CPA can assist with:
- Feasibility Studies and Business Plans
- Loan Analysis
- Personal Financial Statements
- Financial Aid Applications for Education
- Other Personal Financial Needs
- Conserving capital and minimizing taxes are important aspects in the implementation and success of any plan.
A CPA is your best choice to plan for:
- Establishing a Family Trust
- Retirement Planning
- Saving for Children’s Education
- Preparation of your Estate
A CPA is authorized to appear on your behalf before the Tax Authorities should a tax audit occur.
What should I look for in a CPA?
First and foremost, a CPA must be certified by the State Board of Accountancy and demonstrate expertise in the field of accounting and taxes. A CPA must maintain a CPA license and membership in professional organizations. A CPA must complete a minimum of 120 continuing education credits for every two years.
Distinctive qualities to look for in a CPA:
- Confidentiality and high ethical standards
- Solid work experience
- Expertise in related fields of your business
- Reputation for excellence
- Continuing education
- Certification in other States
Why is Mahmoud & Associates the right CPA firm for you?
- Your financial records and tax information are highly sensitive and should not be divulged to just anyone. Mahmoud & Associates has a reputation for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and strictly adheres to the highest levels of ethical standards.
- Ali Mahmoud, CPA, has proven himself to be a successful and diversified businessman with positions such as president of a recycler of a post-consumer/industrial high density plastic and former director of a prestigious community bank. He also has extensive experience in the international business world.
- Mahmoud & Associates goes beyond the everyday scope of the average accounting firm. We are looking to establish a long-term relationship of mutual trust and service with each of our clients. With solid experience in all operational issues relating to the start-up of a new business, the Associates in this firm can help you formulate budgets for short-term or long-term business plans and assist in establishing an appropriate business structure. In addition, we are able to offer our clients comprehensive in-house expertise not available through most traditional accounting or financial firms.
- Mahmoud & Associates’ services also extend to the preparation of all financial statements, payroll tax reports, and business tax returns. Adherence to all federal, state and local regulations is ensured with the latest computer software.